Clamping force testing
In machining technology, monitoring a tool's clamping force is essential to guarantee precise machining results.
Reduced clamping force may result in the following consequences:
- Poor surface finish caused by vibration,
- Increased tool wear and shorter tool life,
- Corrosion of the spindle taper caused by micro-movements,
- Tool breakage,
- Machine downtime,
- Risk of injury to the machine operator.
Thanks to the Power-Check 2 device, we can provide the following services:
- check the clamping force of the clamping in the spindle,
- verify the distorted haul.
The device is adapted to measure in the range from 1 to 75 kN. The accuracy of measurements in the range of 10-75kN is subject to a 1% margin of error. We have the option to install the device in the machine's tool magazine, which enables automatic testing after every given number of tool changes.